Terms & Conditions for Lamington Apartments only
These conditions govern all bookings made with Agate Properties Ltd trading as Lamington Apartments (“Lamington”, “us”, “we”) registered in England under number 904057 whose registered office is at 109 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 0NQ. You (“you“, “the booker“, “guests“) accept these conditions on behalf of all members of your party whether you are booking as a guest or on behalf of others. In addition by visiting or using our website, you agree to comply with the Site Terms.
1) CONDITIONS OF RESERVATION
- a) Once we have received your booking we will confirm availability and your reservation including key collection. Payment will be processed as per the booking conditions.
- b) Restrictions may apply in certain locations including, but not limited to, minimum night stay and age restrictions; you will be advised of these at the time of booking where applicable. We reserve the right to refuse any booking at any time.
2) SPECIAL REQUESTS
- a) All special requests must be communicated in writing or over the phone at the time of booking or as early as is reasonably possible to help us select the most appropriate apartments. We will endeavour to meet any reasonable requests subject to availability, although we cannot guarantee we will always be able to do so.
3) PAYMENT TERMS
- a) Bank transfers must be in pounds sterling and all charges must be borne by the booker. Bank details are available on request.
- b) Credit card details will be held by Lamington for a period of time in accordance with full PCI procedures.
- c) Your invoice will be made available on departure.
- d) For credit clients, the payment period is 30 days. Late payments will be charged at 7% above the Bank of England Base Rate for the period concerned.
4) SECURITY DEPOSIT
- a) A Security Deposit to cover “additional charges “ including breakages, damages, extra cleaning and further accommodation charges incurred during your stay, may be taken and you will be advised prior to arrival. This is payable on arrival at the Lamington office.
- a) All advertised rates are to the best of our knowledge correct at the date of publication. However, we reserve the right to change any rates from time to time. We will always try to honour quoted rates, although we reserve the right to change rates before a booking is confirmed. A VAT is charged at the prevailing rate at the time of booking.
6) YOUR ACCOMMODATION
- a) All apartments are only to be used as temporary or holiday accommodation. They are not for use as the principal, additional home or residence of guests; you will not be entitled to a tenancy or an assured shorthold or assured tenancy. There is no relationship created with as a landlord and tenant, and no statutory security of tenure exists now or when the period of occupation ends. If you or any member of your party fails to vacate at the end of the period you will be charged the appropriate accommodation charges for the continued period of occupation. No persons other than the guests have the right to use the apartment or room.
- b)These conditions constitute an excluded agreement under S(3A)(7)(a)of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 (as amended) and cannot be construed as an assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988 (as amended).
- c) Specific room or apartments cannot be confirmed prior to arrival.
- d) The maximum guests in an apartment is determined by the number of beds in the apartment. If the maximum number is exceeded then we, or the preferred supplier, may refuse access to the accommodation and/or reserve the right to charge for additional apartments.
7) GUEST RESPONSIBILITY
- a) Guests are expected to comply with any local or business regulations for use of any guest accommodation. In the event of any breaches any of these conditions or the regulations, we reserve the right to request a guest vacate their room immediately without refund.
- b) Smoking: Smoking is not permitted inside any Lamington Apartment properties.
- c) Pets: Pets are allowed however must be leashed/carried at all times within public areas. Pets are only allocated to 2 bedroom apartments with a garden. Guests must inform us prior to arrival and there is a charge of £300 deep clean and a £500 deposit (rates are exclusive of VAT).
- d) Nuisance: Guests are required to behave in a responsible manner, respect the room and their fellow guests and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 7am. This includes causing any sort of nuisance or disruption to fellow guests or using threatening or abusive behaviour towards a member of staff on the phone, in writing or in person. Guests are not permitted to use the room for any illegal or immoral purposes. An additional charge will be made if the Management team is called out in response to a nuisance complaint.
- e) Age Restrictions: In order to ensure our guests enjoy a stay free from disturbance, non-corporate bookings will not be accepted from any paying guests under the age of 25. Proof of identification and date of birth may be requested on arrival and if not presented on request, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- f) Visitors: Guests are responsible for their visitors and we operate a strict no party policy.
- g) Damage: Guests are required to keep the rooms, furniture, fittings and effects in the same condition as on arrival. Inventories and condition reports can be provided at the start and end of the stay, if required, at an additional cost. You are required to notify us of any damage, loss or broken items or matters requiring general maintenance. Any damage to a room will be charged in full. In the event that these are discovered after departure we will notify you or the booker within 7 days of departure with full details and where possible photographic evidence.
- h) Cleanliness: We expect the rooms to be left in a reasonable state of cleanliness and order on departure. An additional charge will be made for extra cleaning or specialist cleaning to return the room to a fit state for occupation. Additional charges may include compensation for loss of revenue in addition to cleaning and repairs.
- i) Lost Property: All your possessions should be removed from the apartment on the date of departure. We will use reasonable endeavour to retain any lost items for up to 3 months after your departure date. After this date, lost property will be donated to a relevant local charity. Email for enquiries relating to lost items.
- j) Storage: Where space is available, and at the owners’ risk, storage of luggage may be provided before or after your stay.
8) BOOKING CHANGES, EXTENSIONS OR CANCELLATIONS
- a) All requests for changes, extensions and cancellations must be made in writing, or via phone directly to us. (Accordingly, if your booking is not changed, extended or cancelled through us you will be liable to pay us the full amount of the booking.)
- a) If you wish to change any detail of your confirmed booking we will do our best to make the change, however cannot guarantee this will be accommodated.
- b) All changes of date are subject to availability. Should any change be rejected, the original booking will be re-instated. Name changes or child age changes will not incur any charges or administration fee.
- a) If you wish to extend a stay please give us as much notice as possible in order to facilitate your request. All extensions are subject to availability and rate change.
- b) Where notice to extend a stay has been given, we reserve the right to take all additional payments and charges from any credit/debit card used to make the original booking, or an invoice for the extended period will be sent to your billing address and payment must be made by return.
- c) Guests may only use discount vouchers as returning guests on new bookings, and not in the instance of a booking extension.
- a) All reservations are free to cancel up until 16:00 sevens (7) days prior to arrival. Any cancellations made after this point or failing to show, will result in a charge of your full stay to your credit card. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.
- b) Please note that transaction fees are not refundable in the event of a cancellation. An administration fee of £50 may apply.
12) NOTICE PERIOD
- a) Cancellation charges relate to the date prior to arrival when we are notified of the cancellation.
13) CHANGES BY US
- a) We do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking however occasionally bookings have to be changed or cancelled or errors in information or other details corrected and we reserve the right to do so. If this does happen, we will contact you by telephone or email where reasonably possible. If a change has to be made or your booking has to be cancelled we will, if possible, offer you an alternative room of similar type and standard in a similar location for the same period. If the alternative room is advertised at a lower price, you will receive a refund of the price difference. If you do not wish to accept a change or any alternative apartment offered or we cannot offer you a suitable alternative apartment, you may be entitled to cancel your booking and receive a refund unless this is the result of an Event beyond our Control – see below. You should tell us as soon as possible whether you wish to accept any change or alternative apartment offered or alternatively if you want a refund.
- b) Events beyond our Control include but are not limited to the following: act of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, revolution, the act of any government or authority (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), fire, flood, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, epidemic, interruption or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, gas, water or telecommunications), renovations and building work undertaken at the property or in the local area, strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo, blockade.
14) BED CONFIGURATION
- a) Please ensure to indicate bed configuration preference so we set up as per your requirements. Please note we always try to meet your needs but this cannot always be guaranteed.
15) CLEANING SERVICE
- a) Your apartment is cleaned and linen changed weekly for stays of 7 or more days. If you would like additional cleaning and linen change, this can be requested and will incur a £30 additional fee (exclusive of VAT).
- b) A fee of £15 (exclusive of VAT) is applicable for additional linen and towel change out of the weekly clean.
- a) Routine maintenance is a necessity to maintaining the standards of the accommodation, and therefore inspections are made by maintenance and management.
- b) In the event of an emergency, we may need to gain immediate access to your room without prior arrangement, although we will always seek to attempt to contact you.
17) INTERNET ACCESS
- a) Internet access is a complimentary service to guests over a WiFi connection. At peak times the bandwidth available for connection to the Internet may be under pressure due to the volume of users.
- b) Guests must not interfere, move or disconnect any equipment relating to the provision of the Internet access and must not use the connection for any illegal or immoral purpose (including but not limited to file sharing) and Lamington reserves the right to pass on any record to the authorities should Lamington be made aware of any such use.
- a) Guests will be provided with a set of keys/access code to access the property and the apartment.
- b) Additional sets can be provided on request. It is your responsibility to ensure you are in possession of these at all times and that they are returned at the end of your stay. An additional charge will be made for replacements and lock changes if we are required to gain or provide access due to lost or forgotten keys.
19) INTERRUPTION TO SERVICES
- a) We will make every effort to ensure that guests enjoy a peaceful stay, however, cannot guarantee or be held responsible for any failure or interruption of services to the apartment or the building, including electricity, water, gas, internet, and other communications, including disruption or noise caused as a result of repair works being carried out in another part of the property. Where we are made aware of such failure or interruption we will endeavour to rectify such services within a reasonable period of time at our apartments, and will use reasonable endeavours to ensure any preferred supplier is made aware of, and rectifies, such problems within a reasonable period.
20) ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES
- a) We will endeavour to ensure your apartment will be ready for you from 4pm on the day of arrival. If at times of high volume your room is not ready, complimentary baggage storage will be provided.
- b) Please note on arrival you must bring the payment card that was used to make the booking and photo identification.
- c) You must vacate the apartment on your day of departure by 11am.
- d) Early arrival or late departure may be available for an additional charge but cannot be guaranteed.
- a) Items damaged during your stay need to be reported and there may be a charge.
- b) The use of the room is only for peaceful, non-disruptive and legal purposes and that any breaches of these conditions will warrant immediate removal upon the request of management or the police. Refunds will only then be given at the discretion of Lamington.
- c) Material damage or loss to Lamington incurred by guests during their stay will be subject to charge to replacement value.
- d) Guests are reminded to leave their room in reasonable cleanliness at the end of their stay otherwise guests may be subject to additional cleaning charges.
- a) We are not responsible for the theft and/or damage of your personal belongings during your stay in any apartment booked. Therefore you are advised to ensure you have appropriate insurances in place. In addition, you are advised to ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to cover cancellation and medical expenses.
23) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- a) Lamington Apartments reserve the right in the case of unforeseen circumstances resulting in property being rendered unsuitable for occupation, to substitute a property of similar standard and sleeping capacity. Although every care is taken to prevent loss to the guest.
- b) Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer. Nothing in these terms and conditions, limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; or for any damage or liability incurred by you as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us, or any liability that cannot by law be excluded.
- c) Subject to the paragraph above, we shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of contract, loss of use, loss of corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
- d) If you are booking for, as or on behalf of a business or business employee, that business shall indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct or indirect consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with your, or your business’s, breach or negligent performance or non-performance of these terms and conditions. If you are booking for, as, or on behalf of a business or business employee, our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your booking shall be limited to the fees paid to us under your booking.
- e) Other than in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any other liability that by law cannot be excluded or restricted, our liability to you in relation to these conditions is limited to the higher of (i) GBP £1,000; and (ii) the value of the booking made with us.
24) ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Below we have provided an outline of our additional charges, which include, but are not limited to:
- a) Extra bed – £20 per day
- b) Additional cleaning including linen changes – £30
- c) Call out charge for locked out guests £50 cash
- d) Breakages, loss or damage to the apartment or any of its contents – subject to damage
- e) Cleaning, specialist treatment charges where more than routine cleaning is required, including after pets have stayed, or smoking has occurred – £300
- f) Lost keys – £50
All the above are subject to VAT.
25) HEALTH AND SAFETY
- a) We take the health and safety of all our guests seriously. On arrival you should familiarise yourself with the layout of the apartment and property and the health and safety procedures as detailed in your apartment. Any further health and safety enquiries can be raised with reservations or management if required.
- a) In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your accommodation please notify the duty manager as soon as possible in the first instance. If you do not give us the opportunity to resolve a problem during your stay, this may affect the final outcome of any complaint received. We aim to deliver the best possible customer service, but in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with our service, please contact us by email to email@example.com, write to Lamington, 109 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 0NQ, or you can call us on +44 (0) 20 8748 2645.
- a) We reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time. If guests are in breach of any of these conditions, we reserve the right to request that guests vacate the property immediately. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning these conditions and any matter arising from them.